Adventures of Five was nominated for a Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is meant to connect and support the blogging community, as well as to recognize and help people discover new blogs. Thank you to the lovely Weekend Campervanning for the kind nomination. Weekend Campervanning is an excellent blog chronicling a family’s passion for the outdoors through their weekend campervan experiences. Full of wonderful hike tips and delicious recipes (Aya’s crab cakes look amazing!), Weekend Campervanning has me dreaming of my next California vacation. I’ve bookmarked Aya’s campground and hike recommendations and plan to put them to good use soon. You should definitely visit and follow Weekend Campervanning!
To accept the award, I have to: 1) thank the blogger who nominated you, 2)answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you, 3)nominate 5-11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award, 4)let the bloggers know you nominated them, and 5)give them 11 questions of your own.
Here are my answers to the questions given to me by Weekend Campervanning:
1. Describe your blog in a few sentences.
Adventures of Five captures our family’s road trip and outdoors experiences with a focus on the National Parks. As budget-conscious travelers, we strive toward minimal budgets and maximum fun. We try to share family-specific tips we’ve learned through our trips.
2. Why did you start your blog?
When we first set the goal to visit as many National Parks as we could before our oldest graduated from high school, I spent hours browsing blogs (still do) for tips and advice. These blogs were invaluable in helping us select campgrounds, hikes, and activities. I started blogging as a creative way to document our experiences and hoped that our information might help other families looking to try out new adventures.
3. What do you like most about blogging?
I love connecting with other hikers and outdoor enthusiasts. It’s wonderful to discover so many like-minded, National Parks-loving bloggers. Also, it absolutely makes my day when someone mentions that they were able to use a tip to help them with their own planning. It makes me feel I’m contributing in some small way toward the many tips I’ve gleaned from other bloggers all these years.
4. How long have you been blogging?
Monday will make 3 weeks. 🙂
5. When not blogging, what are you doing?
When not blogging, I’m either writing/working, doing mom stuff, enjoying the outdoors with my family, or slaving away in the kitchen, a.k.a. teenagers eat. A LOT.
6. Top 3 favorite travel destinations?
London, Yosemite National Park, and Grand Teton National Park.
7. What is your favorite National Park?
Ack! It’s like being asked to choose your favorite child. I love them all but have a special fondness for Yosemite, Grand Teton, Bryce, and Mesa Verde National Parks.
8. What are your favorite hikes?
The Narrows, Zion National Park; Hike to Partition and Double O Arch, Arches National Park; Kilauea Iki Trail, Volcanoes National Park; Mariner’s Ridge, Honolulu, HI.
9. What is your favorite food and drink of choice?
I never met a noodle I didn’t like, but I could live off of pho, really and truly. Carbonara, pad thai, chow fun–you name it–I love it all. I’m a coffee girl, but Chardonnay’s my drink of choice when I indulge.
10. What are the top 3 places that are on your travel bucket list?
- Backpack the John Muir Trail, Yosemite National Park.
- Backpack Death Canyon Loop and Paintbrush-Cascade Loop, Grand Teton National Park
- Greece…oh! and also, Iceland. Plus Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.
11. If you were on survivor, what would your one luxury item be?
A journal to
scheme revenge/plot world domination document the experience.
I am nominating 5 wonderful bloggers for this award:
- Day2Day Travels
- Sweater Giraffe Travels
- Unconditional Peace
- Wine and History Visited
Here are my questions for you:
- What is the main focus of your blog?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What are your 3 favorite campgrounds or backcountry sites?
- What are your 3 favorite hikes?
- What albums are on your travel or road trip playlist?
- What are your favorite travel adventures to date?
- What travel item can you not live without?
- Which destinations top your travel bucket list?
- What are your 3 favorite camping or backpacking meals/indulgences?
- What is your happiest National Parks memory?
- In your hometown, what is your local “happy place?”